Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap/GSoC Planning Meeting today at 10:00 AM Pacific Time on IRC

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:57:50 -0700

Hi folks.  I'm sorry for the late notice, but we're having a project IRC
meeting in just over 8 hours to discuss/brainstorm Nmap's (desired)
participation in this year's Google Summer of Code.  The last eight years
have been great, and we're excited about doing it again!  Everyone is
invited to the meeting, which shouldn't last more than an hour or so.  The
main goals are:

o Discuss potential project ideas so we can create a new ideas page (last
year's: http://nmap.org/soc/).  This helps us recruit students, and Google
requires it for our org application.
o Get an idea of who may be interested in mentoring students this year.
o Solicit ideas and volunteers for promoting Nmap SoC so we get some
amazing applicants.

Note that we won't have any time to discuss prospective students'
individual SoC applications/ideas.  Let's save those for later because we
need to concentrating on applying to Google as an participating
organization first.

The meeting will be at 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time today, Friday March 22.
 That is 17:00 UTC.  The meeting will be in the official Nmap channel
(#nmap on the Freenode IRC network - http://freenode.net/)

I hope to see many of you there.  But if you can't make it and you're still
interested in participating in SoC this year as a mentor, or you have ideas
you want to propose, don't sweat it.  You can send SoC ideas to the Nmap
dev list at any time, and you're also welcome to email me if you're
interested in participating as a mentor or in some other way.

Cheers,
Fyodor