Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fuzzing with regular expressions

From: Jan Starke <jan.starke () outofbed org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:44:39 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on some tools for brute force attacks. One
result of this is a library, which creates all words that match some
given regular expression. One can use this to generate URLs,
filenames, usernames, passwords etc. My intention of this library was
the use via NSE, so there is a lua interface.

Hopefully, someone of you is interested in testing, using and
improving this library. Please find a working alpha version, including
rudimentary documentation, under http://code.google.com/p/rexgen/

I have some ideas of new features (such as capturing groups), which I
will implement if you are interested in using this library.

Kind regards, Jan