Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] isakmp aggressive mode and version detection

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:07:13 -0800

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:22:36PM +0100, Jesper Kückelhahn wrote:
Thanks for testing, it's nice to see it's working. In order for the
version detection to work, the service needs to send at least one
known Vendor ID, which it  doesn't in this case. In a successful
scenario it will produce the following (debugging) output:

Thanks, I have added your script and library now in r30564.

It seems a bit strange that ike.lua does most of its work using hex
strings. Is there a reason for that? Mightn't we prefer "\x0a\x00" to
bin.pack("H", "0a00")?

David FIfield