Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] isakmp aggressive mode and version detection

From: Jesper Kückelhahn <dev.kyckel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:00:00 +0100

It seems there was an error in the fingerprint file, as Cisco VPN 3000 devices don't run PIX OS.
Thanks to Dario Ciccarone for pointing this out. I've attached a new ike-fingerprints.lua, that should fix this issue.

Regards,
        Jesper

Hi list,

Just got a response from the author of ike-scan, and he agreed to the license change. So I've attached the
ike-version detection script, which includes three files:

      1. ike-fingerprints.lua
      2. ike.lua
      3. ike-version.nse

'ike.lua' is meant as a general library for generating, sending and receiving ike packets. The 'ike-version.nse'
script only sends two packets, so it is very non-intrusive, and could be included in the version detection (sV)
collection of scripts. Currently there is a basic OS detection on Cisco devices, I'm hoping to extend this to other
devices.

The output of the script is in the format:

PORT    STATE SERVICE REASON       VERSION
500/udp open  isakmp  udp-response Cisco VPN 3000 series Concentrator (PIX OS 7.0.x)

Comments are welcome.

Regards,
      Jesper

Hi Fyodor,

Thanks for the input.  I've just mailed the author your thoughts and I'll post back once I get a response.

Regards,
     Jesper