Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nullsoft nmap 6.25 installer takes 4 days+ to install after removing old version

From: james g <jgnetworksecurity () outlook com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:19:25 -0500

I had Nmap 6.01 installed on a Windows 7x64 laptop.  I always have a couple
of virtual servers running in the background, but have never seen an
installer take this long to install any program.  I just wanted to report
it, I know that my system has a lot running but still don't think that the
installer should take this long.  It has been 4 days and it is still
running.  I have watched it remove each file and module from the old
version, about 1 file every 10 minutes or so, and now it is extracting the
new version slowly.  Is there an install log that I can check out created
when this new installer is used?  Maybe you guys have heard this from
someone else, or maybe I just have too much shit running on my machine.
Thanks.