Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap: nsock_event.c:406: msevent_new: Assertion `msiod->state != NSIOD_STATE_DELETED' failed

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:35:42 -0800

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 09:34:02AM +0100, Henri Doreau wrote:
2012/11/21 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:

I think this is a separate issue.

Could you try changing NSOCK_TRACE_LEVEL in nmap.h to 9, and running
with the -d3 option? This will create a ton of output, perhaps including
the immediate cause of why you're seeing this error message.

David Fifield

Small thread hijack, as we're talking about a debug patch to get nsock
logs: What about always (i.e.: nmap, nping, ncat) applying the
application's debug level to nsock? This would eliminate the need for
such debugging patches. It would indeed be verbose, but that's what
users expect anyway when enabling a debug mode I guess.

That's cool. There should be a function that maps Nmap, etc. debug level
into Nsock trace levels. Nmap -d1 may not translate directly into Nsock
trace level 1, for example.

David Fifield