Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap SYN Scan blocks all connections?

From: Purely Pointless <purelypointless () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:38:43 +0100

Thanks for the reply Patrick,

I do have a firewall between these hosts however it's all on the same
subnet so that shouldn't affect it, or? All other machines on the subnet
are ok, It just appears the scanning machine locks itself somehow.

Also, rebooting the machine itself "solves" the problem and the machine has
network connectivity again.

As for the scan this was just an example, as I use nmap on more advanced
scans, I just tried to simplify it by specifying an -sS