Nmap Development mailing list archives

Windows scan localhost in version 6

From: Larry P <saaz2 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:17:36 -0500

I have been using the source spoof technique in attached link to scan the localhost for awhile now. When I upgraded to
version 6 on Nmap this no longer works for me, I get the same message that I got in previous versions when I don't use
the spoofing technique (windows does not support scanning your own machine...). I've confirmed this on several machines
and downgrading to version 5.x causes the problem to go away. I've used the same version of Winpcap on both installs.
Any workaround?

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q1/318

Larry P