Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RFE: ncat should call shutdown on EOF

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:22:32 -0800

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:44:43PM +0200, Henri Doreau wrote:
2012/9/10 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
This sounds good to me. Henri, since you have already looked at this
patch, would you apply it?

Ideally there should be a new test for this in test/ncat-test.pl.
Michal, would you take a look at that file and see if you can write a
simple test? It will be along the lines of 1) Do a server_client_test,
2) write to $c_in then close $c_in, 3) check that you read EOF from
$s_out.

I've applied it (r29743). Thanks for the patch. I don't feel super
confident with perl, can I let you give a try at writing a test case?

Henri, I bisected and identified this revision as the one causing some
existing ncat-test.pl errors. Would you check it?

FAIL Messages are logged to output file (tcp)
     Server logged "abc\n" at ./ncat-test.pl line 670.
PASS Messages are logged to output file (udp)
FAIL Messages are logged to output file (sctp)
     Server logged "abc\n" at ./ncat-test.pl line 670.
FAIL Messages are logged to output file (tcp ssl)
     Server logged "abc\n" at ./ncat-test.pl line 670.
FAIL Messages are logged to output file (sctp ssl)
     Server logged "abc\n" at ./ncat-test.pl line 670.
FAIL Debug messages go to stderr (tcp)
     Read timeout at ./ncat-test.pl line 690.
FAIL Debug messages go to stderr (sctp)
     Read timeout at ./ncat-test.pl line 690.
FAIL Debug messages go to stderr (tcp ssl)
     Read timeout at ./ncat-test.pl line 690.
FAIL Debug messages go to stderr (sctp ssl)
     Read timeout at ./ncat-test.pl line 690.

David