Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: scan shows open ports as tcpwrapped

From: "Fahad A. Saeed" <fneyaz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 00:49:10 +0300

Thank you Dan for your response.
My colleague posted thebquestion there.
The point is, and for example, one of the scanned machine is a MS Exchange
configured as OWA. The scan result was tcpwrapped for all ports even for
SMTP and SSL.
This doesn't make scenes. BTW we are sure MS Exchange is working fine.
When I used the same scan syntax posted before but with --packet-trace I
got all ports "closed". And I got all responses from the machine itself not
from LB\FW.
Another thing, in both syntax it shows the OS as F5 Big-IP but again it
should be Windows.

I tried also to review all packets using tcpdump and nothing there.
When traceroute is performed the traffic is as following:
Internet --> Core Router --> LB\FW --> the target (i.e MS Exchange).

Thanks again for your response.