Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Cpe in nmap-service-probes patch

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:35:34 -0700

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:51:10PM -0600, d graham wrote:
Here are a few more nmap-service-probes CPE entries from the list.

Thanks, applied. I noticed a few instances where there was a v//
template but no matching version field in the cpe:// template, and fixed
them.

Here is the sv-tidy.py program that among other thing parses the
nmap-service-probes file, and a hackish patch to make it print out
entries that are still missing application CPE. It's what I used to make
the sorted list of service I sent to you last time.

$ sv-tidy.py nmap-service-probes | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head -n 20
     21 p/Embedded HTTP Server/
     14 socks5
     14 p/Windows qotd/
     11 p/BaseHTTP/
     10 p/MiniUPnP/
     10 p/Icecast streaming media server/
     10 p/DD-WRT milli_httpd/
      9 p/NetPort httpd/
      9 p/Lotus Domino smtpd/
      8 webmin
      8 p/WYM httpd/
      8 p/TightVNC/
      8 p/qmail smtpd/
      8 p/Cyrus imapd/
      8 p/Boinc GUI RPC port/
      7 p/Transmission BitTorrent management httpd/
      7 p/Serv-U ftpd/
      7 p/RealVNC/
      7 p/psyBNC/
      7 p/PowerDNS/