Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] httpspider - blacklist additions

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:13:15 -0500

I've attached a patch that adds additional blacklist entries the httpspider library.  The goal is to avoid downloading
and processing certain additional video, audio and binary formats.

This should speed up crawling certain sites.  In the case of http-email-harvest it should reduce some of the false
positives generated by running the RegEx against binary data.

I don't think the change will have negative effects, but I have not committed the change because I am not sure.

Thoughts?

Thanks much,

Tom