Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Dual-stack (IPv4/6) bug/feature?

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:41:29 +0200

On 13 September 2012 22:15, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

Which patch are you talking about? I don't see one in your original
message at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q2/637.
Oops sorry me and daniel had a conversation off list pasted below for
the archives.  I have made a new patch.

thanks john

On 8 June 2012 21:39, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:
On 6 June 2012 21:49, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:

I can confirm that on Linux 3.2.0, Nmap tries to connect via IPv6 for this
script when a AAAA record is available, even when a IPv4 scan is requested.
However, changing the http.get line to this:

local ret = http.get(host, port, uri)
thanks for the help here and in irc.  attached is a patch that updats
my hadoop scripts.  it also fixes an error in the hadoop-region server
script.

...fixes the issue. Remains to be seen whether a check could be put in place
(guessing in the Nsock bindings) to prevent this issue for other cases.
Im happy to accept this was my error.  At the same time it would be
nice if nsock could handel this.

cheers
john