Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE - Sitecore version detection

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:23:43 -0700

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 06:51:23PM +0100, Hani Benhabiles wrote:
On 09/04/2012 07:51 PM, Jesper Kückelhahn wrote:
Hi,
Hi Jesper,
Thanks for your reply, Hani.

I've looked into the http-enum script (and the fingerprint file), and it
does make sense to extend this instead of creating a bunch of new
stand-alone scripts.

I've attached the diff output for nmap/nselib/data/http-fingerprints.lua
with the Sitecore version extraction.

Are you sure about these fingerprints, especially the /sitecore/
prefix which could be just the folder used for the application you
are testing against. (ie. something like /blog/ is not related to
wordpress itself). I am trying to find out any occurrences in the
wild but so far my Google-fu returned nothing valuable, yet. Do you
know of any which are on the internet. (you could email me off-list
if needed)

I'm fine with adding these fingerprints now, and then perhaps changing
them in the future if it turns out that /sitecore/ isn't a hardcoded
prefix.

David Fifield