Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: smb-check vulns improvements

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:48:23 +0200

2012/8/1 Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>:
Hi,

I've been reported some issues with smb-check-vulns.nse. Please find
attached a patch aiming to fix them by improving output consistency of
the script.

By default (no --script-args) the script produces something like:
"""
Host script results:
| smb-check-vulns:
|   Conficker: UNKNOWN; got error No accounts left to try
|   regsvc DoS: CHECK DISABLED (add '--script-args=unsafe=1' to run)
|   SMBv2 DoS (CVE-2009-3103): CHECK DISABLED (add
'--script-args=unsafe=1' to run)
|   MS06-025: CHECK DISABLED (remove 'safe=1' argument to run)
|_  MS07-029: CHECK DISABLED (remove 'safe=1' argument to run)
"""

wrongly assuming that safe=1 was passed in and not informing the user
about the ms08-067 check (disabled because unsafe too).

I've added a check for 'unsafe' parameter in the ms08-067 related
function, and replaced the "remove 'safe=1'" messages by "add
--script-args=unsafe=1" to better match the default case.

I'm kind of hesitating to simply remove them from default output and
replace them by print_debug() statements wherever relevant. What do you
think?

Regards.

Hi list,

got no feedback on this. I know that it'd be nicer to split the script
into several dedicated scripts (on script per vulnerability) but for
the time being I think the proposed changes make sense.

Any pro/con about this patch?

Regards.

--
Henri