Nmap Development mailing list archives

A "standalone" environment for NSE (NSE Leftovers - Part 2)

From: Brendan Byrd <sineswiper () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:47:06 -0400

(This is a split of a larger patch here:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q4/558)

With this patch, I was actually trying to get some version of a "standalone"
environment for NSE.  For example, while coding the ipOps changes, it seemed
silly to keep running NMap when all I want to test are simple input/output
function cases.  So, I grabbed Lua for Windows and pointed it towards the NSE
libraries.  Doing this required some (small) changes to stdnse and a "stub"
version of nmap.lua.

This should be useful code to try to build a full-fledged "standalone"
environment.  (I know there have been some conversations about it back in
2007, but I can't seem to find the thread right now.)

--
Brendan Byrd/SineSwiper <SineSwiper () GMail com>