Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Is this command-line syntax correct? And is mysql-vuln-cve2012-2122.nse on the main repository?

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:11:45 +0100

On 08/21/2012 08:07 AM, Richard Miles wrote:
Hi all

Today I was trying to do a nmap scan on my whole internal network testing
for all these categories:

- auth
- brute
- exploit
- intrusive
- vuln

However I don't want the following scripts to run to prevent account
lockout here:

- smb-brute
- ldap-brute

I did the following command:

nmap -n -sV -O --script "(auth and brute and exploit and intrusive and
vuln) and not smb-brute or ldap-brute" -iL hosts.txt -oN Test.txt

However I'm not sure if it's working because I got absolutely no output
from any script, OK, maybe my network is not vulnerable to any of these
tests, but I'm not sure, because it was very fast to run and for example I
have a lot of MySQL servers, telnet servers and web applications /
web-servers.

Is this syntax correct for my needs? If not, can someone please point me
the correct one?

I also saw a nice script (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q2/att-711/mysql-vuln-cve2012-2122.nse),
but I was unable to find it on the main repository. There is a plan to make
it part of main nmap repository?

Thanks again.
Hi Richard,

In case you are in doubt of wether the scripts run in your environment, you could use the -d debug flag to get more information on the scan and see what scripts were launched.

Cheers,
Hani.

--
Hani Benhabiles