Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: BUG: ncat does not work when file is used as input

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:28:05 +0200

2012/8/13 Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink () redhat com>:
Thank you for the patch, I tested it and it did fix the issue.

I asked a few people about epoll & regular files and I was told, that epoll
does not work with regular files not because some feature is missing, but
because it won't make sense there. Correct approach when epoll returns EPERM
should be to treat it as always ready to write and ready to read until EOF
is reached. At least that's what I've been told.

Michal

Ok, thanks again for reporting the problem. I've committed the fix as r29635.

Regards.

--
Henri