Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-vhosts fixes

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:44:44 -0700

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 09:19:07PM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Hello!

Talking with David, it turned out that http-vhosts can take significant time to finish. Therefore, I have
reduced default list. Also, I have implemented datafiles support to it, so you don't have to edit script
in order to change list to try.

Of course, list files should be in nselib/data/ directory (in attachment).

Feel free to comment or commit,

Committed in r29399, thanks.

It seems part of this script's problem is a long timeout, and perhaps
sendign packets too fast so that replies aren't received? I see a lot of
these delays when running with --script-trace:

NSOCK (27.0480s) Read request from IOD #23 [86.59.30.36:80] (timeout: 8000ms) EID 730

David Fifield