Nmap Development mailing list archives

Malware?

From: Christopher Weiscopf <cweiscopf () unipoint com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:22:52 +0000

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the current Zenmap release and was prompted with a virus warning.  I have recently
installed Zenmap on other computers running TrendMicro and not encountered this issue.  Can you confirm if this is an
issue with Trend's classification or if there is something else going on?  I remember Trend having problems with Angry
IP Scanner which is one reason (in addition to the greater feature set of Zenmap) I was happy to find a GUI interface
for nmap several years ago. Screen shot of detection attached. Thanks for the great software!

Thank you,
Christopher Weiscopf
Uni-Point, LLC
6965 El Camino Real
STE 105, #242
Carlsbad, CA 92009
cweiscopf () unipoint com<mailto:cweiscopf () unipoint com>
Phone: 1-888-347-1133 ext223
Fax:  1-888-768-0860