Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Italian translation

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:47:29 -0700

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 06:09:37AM +0200, Francesco Tombolini wrote:
Hi David,

2012/5/30 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>

Thank you, that was fast! I committed your new translation.

We now have
        de      German
        fr      French
        hr      Croatian
        it      Italian
        ja      Japanese
        pt_BR   Brazilian Portuguese
        ru      Russian
Although some of them have not been updated in a while and are missing
new strings.

I find that not all strings in the application are translatable.

Can you give us examples of strings that are not translatable? Strings
are marked translatable like this in the Python source code:
        _("Message")
If you tell us which strings are missing, we can add them.

I see that the things that are not translatable was about the scripting
files description, but I think it's ok.
by the way, I have installed nmap 6.01 and the italian contribution is not
more present...

Thank you for checking. Nmap 6.01 has only bug fixes from 6.00, so it
doesn't include the Italian translation. There is no release with it
yet.

David Fifield