Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Script Idea: nmap last run

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:57:45 +0100

On 23 July 2012 12:54, Vikas Singhal <vikas.programmer () gmail com> wrote:
Ohok.. I think nmap will throw an error anyways if -sT / -sS both are
specified.

About your comment:
You would then have to remember to specify it or set it up as an alias
which I think you can already do with -oA

Script scan is common and -oA is not. If -sC was specified nmap will tell us
that the output was saved in a FILE. Alias is difficult as Toni pointed out
that there is no default filename generation.

Or may be.. Option 3: if we could just add -oA and it generated the file
with default naming convention. This way we are restricting default saving
and still able to save output without much hassels. That being said, this is
not what I wanted in first place though. :(

Or.. we can do something like this to save last output..
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5955577/bash-automatically-capture-output-of-last-executed-command-into-a-variable

I was thinking something like Kismet has where you can specify the
format of the output file. In the rc file you would then have
something like:

-oA nmap-%d-%p

where %d is date and %p is either the IP, range or filename. Sure you
can come up with better ideas than that though.

Robin

Vikas