Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 6.01 not working on Windows 7

From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:37:00 +1000

Saw an e-mail titled "Re: nmap 6 for windows not working" and would like to
reply to it, since the O/P seems to not be answering and I'm having the
same troubles.  But I wasn't on the list back then, so I can't "reply" to
it, so I've started a new thread.

My problem is nmap v6.01 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.  When I run any scan,
it tells me that the host is down, and if it's blocking pings, try -Pn.
Trying -Pn just returns all ports filtered, even when I can RDP, HTTP or
SSH to the host being scanned.

I can send through the output of both nmap --iflist runs (v5.51 and v6.01);
should I attach them as files or just add them inline?

If I run nmap v6.01 with the --unpriviledged option, it succeeds, but it's
a lot slower than it was in v5.51.  I mainly use either nmap -sP
v6.01 than in v5.51.

If I uninstall v6.01 and reinstall v5.51, it works again.  Reverse the
process and it doesn't work without --unprivilged and even then, as I said,
it works much slower.

WinPcap v4.1.2 (v4.1.0.2001) is being used with both versions of nmap, and
Wireshark works just fine.

Anything else I can add to help this problem?

Jake Moe