Nmap Development mailing list archives

[ncat] Behavior on non SCTP-aware systems

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:17:57 +0200

Hi,

for some reasons, it looks like my system doesn't support SCTP.
socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_SCTP) always fails with
EPROTONOSUPPORT. I've noticed the following inconsistent behavior in
ncat:

The connect mode fails as I would expect it to do:
$ ncat --sctp localhost
Socket troubles: Protocol not supported
Ncat: Protocol not supported.

but when using the listening mode I get:
$ ncat --sctp -l
setsockopt: Bad file descriptor

I've committed a little patch in r29194 to make ncat exit more
consistently in listening mode. I'm wondering whether it would be
doable/interesting to disable SCTP (unless explicitly required) on
systems that don't support SCTP. Any thought?

Regards.

--
Henri