Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question on NPing Function

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:22:36 -0700

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 01:33:28PM -0500, Farley, Rob  wrote:
I currently have two versions of NMAP installed on my laptop.  Version
5.5.1 and 6.01.  My laptop is a Windows 7 64bit laptop with SP1
installed.

The Version 5.5.1 worked flawlessly (and still does) for both NPING
and NMAP.  Both versions, 6.0 and 6.0.1 failed to resolve target hosts
when attempting to run NPING or NMAP against another host.  I was able
to verify the host was up by using normal PING and TRACERT utilities.

Thank you for this detailed report. I think the problem you described is
fixed in r29889 and will be fixed in the next release.

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q3/1037

David Fifield