Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Stars in Another Bad-Ass Movie

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:11:03 -0700

Hi folks.  I'm happy to report that Nmap was found in the trailer of
the upcoming Dredd flick!  Mark September 21 on your calendars!

In the vast, post-apocalyptic metropolis of Mega City One, the only
law is provided by the Hall of Justice--cops with the power of judge,
jury and executioner. Most feared among these law-keepers is the
ruthless and implacable Judge Dredd (Karl Urban). He and Cadet Judge
Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby) infiltrate a notorious high-rise
slum tower controlled by former prostitute-turned-drug-lord Ma-Ma
(Lena Headey). For network reconnaissance and exploitation of the slum
tower network, they turn to Nmap! The movie trailer briefly shows an
Nmap version scan against TCP port 22 (SSH).  That's the same service
Trinity exploited long ago.

For those counting, this is Nmap movie number 13. I think Nmap needs
an IMDB page!  Trailer and screenshots:

http://nmap.org/movies/#dredd

Cheers,
Fyodor