Nmap Development mailing list archives

crash zenmap 6.01 on Win2008 R2

From: "McClure, David" <david.mcclure () siemens com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:38:33 -0400

This is a fully-patched Windows 2008 R2 Standard installation (64bit).  It's running Nmap 6.01, installed yesterday.
Here is the data from the crash.  This occurs every time I run this scan in Zenmap.
"nmap -T4 -A -v 10.0-6.0-255.0-255"
It's just a regular Intense Scan.  The same crash occurs at the same time when I run an Intense Scan with UDP.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: zenmap.exe

Application Version: 6.1.0.0

Application Timestamp: 49180193

Fault Module Name: libglib-2.0-0.dll

Fault Module Version: 2.28.8.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e253544

Exception Code: 40000015

Exception Offset: 0004c2d8

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2fd5

Additional Information 2: 2fd5fa04813c232a074a6a68acddc6d0

Additional Information 3: 4704

Additional Information 4: 4704edeb6fb8c08646c103d86660de57

This crash occurs only in Zenmap.  When I run the same scan from the command line, it seems to work fine.

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may
include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information.
Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error,
and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation