Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: "Adding C modules to Nselib" documentation out-of-date

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:14:09 -0500

On 06/28/2012 04:57 AM, Fyodor wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 02:32:45PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hi list,

The documentation on adding C modules as NSE libraries
(http://nmap.org/book/nse-library.html) is out of date since the upgrade
to Lua 5.2. I'm not sure if it should be updated until there's an
official release with the new Lua version, but it's something that
should probably be done ahead of time.

Maybe secwiki.org would be a good holding place for the new
documentation until it can be moved into the /book/ site.
Hi Dan--thanks for the note.  We'd love to have this updated, and
there is no need to wait for another release.  It is
/nmap/docs/scripting.xml which must be changed.  If someone (Patrick?
Dan?) can update that file, I'll rebuild the HTML and upload it to the
site.

Cheers,
-F

I've attached a patch that I think covers it. Any feedback would be great, otherwise I'll commit it over the weekend.

Dan