Nmap Development mailing list archives

New script - http-git.nse

From: Alex Weber <alexwebr () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:15:32 -0500

Hello,

I finished the http-git script from the Script Ideas wiki page. It looks
for a Git repository in a webserver's root and tries to get as much
information about it as possible.
Here is two examples of output:

PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http
| http-git:·
|   Potential Git repository found in web root (found 5 of 6 expected files)
|   Contents of '.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG' matched patterns 'passw'
(case-insensitive)
|   Last commit message: Brought the github repo up-to-date with my private
subversio...
|   Repository description: Unnamed repository; edit this file
'description' to name the...
|_  GitHub remote: skullspace/breachdb (accessed over SSH)

PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http
| http-git:·
|   Git repository found in web root
|   Last commit message: This is my last commit...
|   Repository description: Unnamed repository; edit this file
'description' to name the...
|   GitHub remote: AlexWebr/nse (accessed over SSH)
|   BitBucket remote: AlexWebr/nse (accessed over HTTP, pull-only)
|_  Based on the file '.gitignore', this is a Ruby on Rails application

Ron Bowes has given permission to use javaop.com as a server to test
this script against. You should see output like the first example.

I will attach the script to this email - I'm not sure if that's kosher, but
if it is not, the script is available at
https://github.com/AlexWebr/nse/http-git.nse

This is my first script, so feedback is appreciated!
Thanks for reading.

-Alex Weber