Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ports

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:59:24 -0700

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 06:56:39AM +1000, Joshua Rogers wrote:
Just here are some ports..

 8303 teeworlds game server
11211 memcached
21201 memcachedb

Thanks Josh.  I'm not sure if teeworlds is popular enough to merit us
assignming the port to them absent on official assignment from the
IANA (which they don't have).  We do already have Memcache registered
for 11211.  I just added memcachedb to 21201/tcp as you suggest,
though they should really try to register with IANA if possible.

Also, we'd love to have version detection (-sV) signatures for these
(to the extent we don't already).  That is much more reliable than
basing it on default port number too.

Cheers,
Fyodor