Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: pcanywhere-brute request for comments

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:22:41 +0200

This has been commited as 28981.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic
<nikolic.alek () gmail com> wrote:
Sorry for the late reply.
Apparently my ISP thought I won't be needing
Internet connection this weekend...

done with the brute.firstonly parameter.

Also, what do you mean by "quite some time"? If you detect this
behavior (pcAnywhere implementation) and if this value is always the
same between versions, then your code could just sleep() for this
duration? Or is there a need for an active sleep(<short time>) and
retry cycle?

In my tests, it the time needed to wait wasn't constant. So this
wait-and-retry cycle seemed like a best option.

I'll do some cosmetic fixes and, if there are no objections, will
commit the script later today.

Aleksandar