Nmap Development mailing list archives

Analysis of clang results for nmap main directory.

From: James Rogers <jamesmrogers () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:06:01 -0400

Reran clang against latest version of nmap on Tuesday, many changes
had been made since I first ran this tool and I wanted the results to
be as meaningful as possible.

At first I didn't think going through this section of the clang
results were going to be that productive.   The majority of the bugs
were where a variable was assigned a value, but then never used again
after it was set.   But this actually resulted in finding many bugs in
the code.   Some of the bugs might effect how the code works in
unexpected ways.

This section of the report only covers code in the main directory of
the nmap project.