Nmap Development mailing list archives

Script path lookup order

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:11:41 +0100

Hi list,

I have noticed that when using --script=scriptname, the script is looked for in the Nmap scripts directory first, before looking in the current working directory afterward.

Even using --script=./scriptname keeps the same order of path lookup and we have to provide the full path to the script in the current directory in order to run it.

So, is there any logic behind this ? I believe that searching for the script in the current directory first is more logical for different needs (e.g testing a new version of a script.).

Cheers,
Hani.

--
Hani Benhabiles