Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sean Rivera status report #7 / 17

From: sean rivera <sean.au.rivera () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:13:42 -0600

Evening list,

Accomplishments:
Fixed all windows compile time warnings leaving only 3 linker warnings
Fixed the linux warning utils_net.cc: In function ‘int
send_packet(NpingTarget*, int, u8*, size_t)’:
utils_net.cc:1114:7: warning: variable ‘res’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]
Caught the res values and checked them with an if statement as both Sendto
and and send_ip_packet_sd return -1 on a failure. Therefore on a -1 I
decided that it would be an OP_Failure since the called function failed.
Priorities:
Linux Warnings
For the warning linear.cpp:1290:3: warning: ‘Gnorm1_init’ may be used
uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
 Find a way to edit the Makefile.in to pass the -Wuninitialized flag for
liblinear (Not our job to patch)
For the warning "test/test-wildcard.c: In function
‘test’:test/test-wildcard.c:159:5: warning: value computed is not used
[-Wunused-value]"
 Well it looks like the function the warning is talking about
BIO_destroy_bio_pair is a wrapper of BIO_ctrl that converts the returned
long to an int I am going to simply catch the return value and print a
warning to stderr if it returns an error value. However the Open_SSL
documention is rather vague on what BIO_ctrl returns I'll have to do a bit
more digging to wrap it correctly.
 Look into the rest of the Linux warnings and fix them
Make Zenmap settings get upgraded when the Zenmap executable is
 Make sure I check for user custom settings.
sv-tidy.py
 Check for the same reference (like $1) being used in unrelated fields-Will
have to look at that one a bit more first.

--

~Sean Rivera