Nmap Development mailing list archives

python27.dll out of date?

From: pogue <pogue23 () sbcglobal net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 01:22:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm using Nmap 6.00 on Win7 SP1 64x.  I use Secunia PSI to periodically check
for vulnerabilities in software I have installed, to keep it patched and secure.
 I just ran it on my system and it is informing me that the python27.dll located
in the Nmap folder is out of date and vulnerable.  According to their advisory,
all versions of Python 2.7.x and lower are vulnerable and should be updated.
 Since Nmap is using only this one file I feel I'm pretty much in the clear, and
I don't have Python installed on my system anywhere else.

But, I thought I should make you guys aware of the problem (if there is one).

Here is Secunia's advisory for Python: http://secunia.com/advisories/48347/

I've attached an image of the Secunia PSI scan report on the vulnerability as
well.

Sorry if this email is going to the wrong person, I wasn't sure who to contact
or what to do about it.  I assume if I drop in a newer version of the Python DLL
file it would cause issues with nmap's functionality.

If you have the time to let me know any solutions, I would appreciate it.  Keep
up the good work.

pogue