Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-lfi.nse

From: "Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman" <buanzo () buanzo com ar>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:53:23 -0300

+1 to Ron's comments. I was thinking the same yesterday.

On 6/5/12, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 20:21:19 +0530 SAN THO <saminside34 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Nmap-Dev,

  attaching my new NSE. looking forward to hear your feedback on this

--
Thanks,
SANTHO

This code:
      local param = tostring(nmap.registry.args[SCRIPT_NAME .. '.param'])
      local cookie = tostring(nmap.registry.args[SCRIPT_NAME .. '.cookie'])
      local resource = tostring(nmap.registry.args[SCRIPT_NAME .. '.resource'])

Should use stdnse.get_script_args(). I believe the syntax (it's been awhile
since I've done this) should be:

local param, cookie, resource = get_script_args('param', 'cookie',
'resource')

That being said, it seems kinda pointless to have a script where the user
has to provide a param/cookie/resource. If I already have an idea of which
param is going to be vulnerable to LFI - and, worse yet, I already know
which file I want to resource - I don't need Nmap to check it for me. I can
just check it in a browser or Burp Suite or any number of tools.

I can only see this being useful if it automatically checks all parameters
discovered by http-spider.nse.

Ron

--
Sent from my mobile device