Nmap Development mailing list archives

Defcon Rooms at the Rio still available and CFP open

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 21:30:47 -0700

Hi folks.  This is a little bit off topic, but ...

For years, the largest in-person meetup of Nmap developers has occured
at Defcon.  We have a developer dinner, and several developers usually
give presentations at the con.  We even threw a giant party last year!

With that in mind, I wanted to mention that Dark Tangent is pulling
out all the stops to make this Defcon (#20) one of the best ever.  I
think it will be fantastic!  They've been posting announcements at
http://defcon.org/.

It is certain that the hotel will sell out, so I'd strongly recommend
that people who want to go book rooms now.  If your plans change, you
can cancel them for a full refund with 3 days notice.  And the con
rate is only $104 to $118 per night (plus tax).  Defcon is July 26-29,
and here is the booking link with the Defcon group code:

http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-reservations?propCode=RLV&groupCode=SRDEF12

Also, if you'd like to submit a talk about Nmap or anything else cool,
the Call For Papers is now open:

http://defcon.org/html/defcon-20/dc-20-cfp-form.html

I hope to see many of the Nmap crew there!

Cheers,
Fyodor