Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 6 Zenmap problem

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:16:00 -0700

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 01:14:47PM +0200, yxynaxen () A1 net wrote:

Hi ...

... I think Zenmap is an Universal Binary App cause is doesn’t start
on my PowerBook G4 running OS 10.4.11 anymore ...
... the Installer Readme told me that PPC and 10.4 is no problem ...

I'm sorry, our binaries don't support PowerPC Macs anymore. It was a
problem in the documentation that claimed they did.

You can try one of the third-party packagers once they have it packaged,

http://nmap.org/book/inst-macosx.html#inst-macosx-third-party

or install GTK+ and PyGTK packages and then run from source code.

http://nmap.org/book/inst-macosx.html#inst-macosx-source

David Fifield