Nmap Development mailing list archives

Aleksandar's Status Report #4 of 17

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 23:43:37 +0200

Hi all,

Last week was all about getting ready for official start of coding.
I was trying to do as much work related to my studies as I could
in order to have more free time to work on nmap.
Apart from that, I've compiled a small list of interesting vulnerabilities
that I will be making into scripts soon.
I've had a meeting with David, I've created my own branch on
the svn and played around with it to make sure I know my way around
with svn on such a big project.
I've discussed with David which scripts should I do first and we settled
on RMI registry default configuration vulnerability (on which I have started
working on today) and one of the bruteforce scripts that needs improvement.
As I will be working with RMI I took time to read trough existing
nse's rmi library.

My priorities for this week will be to write a script for detecting
and exploiting
vulnerable RMI registry servers and extend the rmi library accordingly.
And to rewrite mysql-brute script to use brute lib.
If time permits, I will try to rewrite another brute script that needs
improvement.

Regards,
Aleksandar