Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-traceroute

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:09:56 +0100

On 05/20/2012 03:06 PM, Henri Doreau wrote:
Hi Hani,

2012/5/18 Hani Benhabiles<kroosec () gmail com>:
I added a verbosity script argument defaulting to 0. I prefer your first
suggestion and I think it is better to default to a low output size and let
people decide if they want a more detailed output rather than automatically
choosing for them through a scoring mechanism.
Ok, the new output is good but use the nmap.verbosity() function[1]
instead of relying upon a script-specific verbosity parameter.
Done.
[...]
I also believe that we should add the script the default category given
that:
- It is safe.
- It generates low traffic (3 http requests.) and has a low execution time.
- No false positives so far with many tests. The technique it uses is very
neat!
Yes, I see no reason not to do so. Please add.
Done.
Once this is done (and the nsedoc section of the script is updated
accordingly) you can go ahead and check it into trunk.

Regards.

[1] http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/nmap.html#verbosity

Commited as r28642.

Cheers,