Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE for detecting vulnerable PHP-CGI setups (CVE2012-1823)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 12:25:43 -0700

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 12:30:00PM -0500, Paulino Calderon wrote:
Hi list,

Here is my script for detecting vulnerable PHP-CGI setups
(CVE2012-1823). This is a pretty scary vuln as it affects a lot of
installations. Here is the full advisory:
http://eindbazen.net/2012/05/php-cgi-advisory-cve-2012-1823/
I'm going to look more into it to write a reliable exploitation
script too. So far it seems the -r flag is not available in all the
setups and we will need to exploit via RFI to be 100% accurate.

Nice, Paulino. Please commit this script.

David Fifield