Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-vuln-cve2009-0580

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 09:41:44 -0700

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:06:53AM -0400, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM, M. Hani Benhailes <kroosec () gmail com>wrote:

Hi list,

description = [[
Tries to exploit cve-2009-0580 also known as Apache Tomcat user enumeration
with FORM authentication.

This vulnerability permits to enumerate (brute force) valid Apache tomcat
server users via requests to /j_security_check with malformed URL encoding
of
passwords. It is present in versions 6.0.0 to 6.0.18, 5.5.0 to 5.5.27 and
4.1.0 to 4.1.39

For more information, see:
*
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/**cvename.cgi?name=2009-0580<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2009-0580>
* http://www.osvdb.org/55055
* http://www.securityfocus.com/**bid/35196<http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/35196>
]]

--@output
-- PORT   STATE SERVICE
-- 80/tcp open  http
--| http-vuln-cve2009-0580:
--|   VULNERABLE:
--|   Apache Tomcat user enumeration with FORM authentication
--|     State: VULNERABLE (Exploitable)
--|     IDs:  CVE:CVE-2009-0580
--|     Risk factor: Low  CVSSv2: 4.3 (MEDIUM) (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:N)
--|       Permits to enumerate Apache Tomcat users remotely and is present
in
--|       Apache Tomcat 6.0.0 to 6.0.18, 5.5.0 to 5.5.27 and 4.1.0 to
4.1.39
--|     Disclosure date: 2009-06-14
--|     Exploit results:
--|       admin