Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE][patch] targets-sniffer: sniff IPv6 addresses, fix newtargets for -6

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:31:13 -0700

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 11:49:08AM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
List,

Here's a patch to add IPv6 address sniffing to targets-sniffer. The
major difference is changing the BPF from "ip" to "ip or ip6". I had
to add a couple checks for NDP multicast addresses to
check_if_valid, and I may have missed some other invalid IPv6
addresses.

I also fixed an issue (not quite a bug) where targets would be added
with newtargets even if they were not of the current address_family.
This resulted in lots of lines like this:
Failed to resolve given IPv6 hostname/IP: 192.168.1.1.  Note that
you can't use '/mask' or '[1-4,7,100-]' style ranges for IPv6.

Maybe it should additionally change the BPF filter to only "ip" or only
"ip6" depending on the address family?

David Fifield