Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap's bundled libpcre and automake

From: Johannes Nixdorf <mixi () shadowice org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:38:19 +0200

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 03:10:03PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
I tried this patch, but then after "autoreconf", I get an error with
"make":

Makefile:15: *** missing separator.  Stop.

The patch seems to leave the SET_MAKE substitution undefined. Do you see
the same? What are your circumstances that you have to run autoreconf?

David Fifield

After learning more about autoconf/m4 I redid this patch in a way that
leaves the macro intact while making autoreconf think automake isn't used.
I hope this patch has better chances of being accepted upstream.