Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.61TEST2 released - IPv6 OS detection, CPE, 30 more scripts, and more!

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:20:16 -0700

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 09:58:25PM +0200, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
Hi,

Am 30.09.2011 um 20:45 schrieb Fyodor:

Hi Folks!  Thanks to your IPv6 OS detection submissions, we've been
able to incorporate them into the new machine learning system and
enable IPv6 OS detection.  So if you scan your submitted machines
again, they should now be properly identified in Nmap output.

Of course the DB is still small, so if you get a fingerprint printed
by Nmap, please do submit it.  Also, if the reported OS version is
wrong (even just by a minor version number), please submit a
correction at http://insecure.org/cgi-bin/submit.cgi?corr-os.
Corrections are particularly important for this new machine learning
system.

Also, we spent some time working on Solaris 10 SPARC support.  If
anyone is able to test on that platform, please send a report to the
list.  David did a bunch of AIX 6.1 and 7.1 work too.  So proprietary
UNIX gets some love for this release.

I do have some issues on Solaris 9 Sparc:

/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -I/opt/csw/include -I/opt/csw/include -features=extensions -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 -D__EXTENSIONS__ -I/opt/csw/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DNCAT_DATADIR="\"/opt/csw/share/ncat\"" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I. -I.. -I../nsock/include/ -I../nbase
-I/opt/csw/include -xO3 -m32 -xarch=v8 -c util.c -o util.o
"util.c", line 396: undefined symbol: IPV6_V6ONLY

I've added an #ifdef guard to solve this.

David Fifield