Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bringing CPE to NSE

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 10:32:15 +0100

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>wrote:

2011/11/7 Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>:
The patch attached adds a "cpe" table to port.version, and OS CPEs are
available as additional entries in host.os.

set_port_version() handles modifications of the CPE list, so that NSE
scripts can add new entries or modify the existing ones (for service
detection only).

Feedback on this is attempt to design a NSE interface is, as always,
welcome.

Regards.

Did someone had an opportunity to look at it?
I've re-generated the patch against latest revision. Sample script
attached as well for convenience.

Regards.

--
Henri

Would a well-versed CPE person take a moment to look at this, so that we
can make a decision?

Cheers,
Patrik
--