Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSOC 2012 info about bug wranglers

From: Giacomo Mantani <giacomo.mantani () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:40:20 +0200

I appreciate your feedback, and I have another question that came out while
reading your reply. Fixes and modifications are much more about C or lua
language?

Best regards,
Giacomo Mantani
On Mar 26, 2012 1:41 AM, "Colin L Rice" <ricec2 () rpi edu> wrote:

On 03/25/2012 04:18 PM, Giacomo Mantani wrote:

Hi nmap-dev ml,

I am Giacomo Mantani, a Computer Science student at Faculty Science and
Information Technology, University of Bologna. I would like to apply like
script developer or bug wranglers. I read the paragraph at
http://nmap.org/soc/ about bug wranglers but it seems an all-accomplished
"job". Someone that do these things could help me to understand something
more about it ?

Best Regards,
Giacomo Mantani

 I was a bug wrangler last year. I did ncat IPv6 fixes, some other
listening mode fixes, Zenmap Modifications, a prototype updater
application, a script sort mode for zenmap and a lot of other things I
can't remember. It is very much an all encompassing job for someone who
isn't writing scripts.