Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: patch to x11-access.nse to show Xserver vendor

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:20:13 -0800

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 08:25:46PM +0100, Per-Erik Persson wrote:
This is my first nmap-script attempt so please have an extra look at it.
It seems to work against the "misconfigured" Xservers I have tested it
against.

Thank you for the patch. But it seems incomplete: I don't see where any
output is actually changed.

What X servers did you test against? How do they have to be
misconfigured? Is there a possibility that the vendor string is not
present, even though access is granted?

How does the output of the script compare with the output of -sV? Can
you send some examples from the servers you tested against? I ask
because we seem to have service matches that are capturing this vendor
string.

David Fifield