Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap socket bind to the udp port

From: idtjoe1 <josephriz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:56:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

The socket:bind() worked for us to send the message out on port 5060.

How can we change the output of nmap to say open when we receive a 200ok
from a box running sip?

We are trying to understand why nmap is calling a port open/filtered when we
see nmap send a sip options message out and it receives a 200ok from a
remote box.

SAI LAKSHMI Bhavana wrote:

In connect() call the port number we use is the port on the remote
host we want to connect to its not local port.

socket:bind()
can be used to bind the socket to the port of your choice.

some of the methods of socket object can be found in the nmap.luadoc
of nselib in the compiled code.