Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Getting Started with Nmap Development!

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:15:21 +0200

The standard response would be...

the book http://nmap.org/book/toc.html
script documentation http://nmap.org/nsedoc/
script ideas https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap_Script_Ideas

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM, drake <drakeoone () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am a C, C++ and Python Hacker.
I've been using nmap for some time now, and wish to contribute to its
development.

Going through the resources available on its website, I have checked
out the Nmap svn repo and installed it successfully.
Checked out nmap-exp too. (One of the server: svn.insecure.org is not Up)

It seems Lua is one language which Nmap uses other than C. So
currently going through the syntax and semantics of Lua.

Query is:
What and How to develop something useful for Nmap?
Looking for Links to some sort of Getting started guide and other
useful pointers...

-------
Online pseudonym: drake01, drakeo1